Being the victim of a hit and run traffic accident can be extremely traumatic, in particular if a serious injury was incurred, and you may be eligible for a road traffic accident compensation claim.
Unfortunately, many victims of negligent or ‘untraced’ vehicle hit and run drivers do not make a hit and run claim because they feel there’s nowhere to go. However even if the driver involved is untraced and/or uninsured Parmar Solicitors can help, we have vast experience in handling hit and run accident claims, ensuring you receive the compensation to which you are entitled.
The following is a list of ‘things to do’ following a hit and run accident:-
• Seek medical advice to establish the personal injury.
• Report the hit and run incident to the police.
• If possible, keep a record of the offending vehicle i.e. registration number.
• Keep a record of all witnesses of the hit and run event.
• If you intend to claim prescription costs, keep receipt for medicines and other medical costs.